New Hale Center Theatre: coming soon to a town near you
by Hollie Alder
The Hale Center Theatre is expanding in every sense of the word: expanding its technology, size, number of theaters, and its budget.
Opening in November 2017, the theatre is set to replace the current Hale Center Theatre in West Valley.
“This is an opportunity to allow us to touch more lives, double our capacity and allow even more family friendly exposure to this wonderful art form.”
–Mark Dietlein, Hale Centre Theatre president and CEO-
Here are ten things you may want to know about the new theatre:
- There will be two theaters in the facility.
- The first theater will have ten rows with a total of 460 seats and the second theater will have 900 seats, both with stunning new technology.
- The building walls will go up 129 feet.
- It is set to open in November of 2017.
- The technology replicates technology used in the 2014 closing ceremonies of the Olympics.
- The estimated cost for the new theater is $70 million.
- An increased number of performances is planned for each year, anticipating 700 performances in 2018.
- It is 130,000 square feet.
- It is relocating from West Valley to Sandy.
- The Orem theater will remain in its current location.